Want to help save this beach?
Here’s what you can do:
1. Participate in BEACH WALKS.
We will be holding regular beach walks to oppose oyster farming in Rossbeigh-Dooks.
At our last walk, more than 600 people walked together along the back beach to save Rossbeigh on Sunday, February 18. See more on our Facebook page.
2. Donate to Save This Beach. Whatever you can helps. The appeals are costly, and we’ll need all the support we can get. Questions about how we’ll spend the money? Email us, we’ll give you details.
3. If there’s anything in the news about this issues, write a letter to the Editor.
4. Write to your TD and local councillors. Use our backgrounder to make your arguments about why oyster developments don’t belong in Glenbeigh-Dooks and Special Areas of Conservation.
Ask them to demand from the Department of Agriculture, Food, and the Marine why Environmental Impact Statements have *always* been waived for oyster farming.
5. Feeling like you can do more? Get together in a small group of friends or business colleagues and appeal this ridiculous decision.
Get in touch, we’ll help you!